Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, March 19, 2007


Today’s piece is all about color. I wanted to play with color today, so chose to paint a tri-colored terrier. Their wiry fur lies close to pink skin, and the tan and black markings shift from orange to blue to green to violet.

I simply loaded my brush and had at it! The image does no justice at all to the juicy detail in this painting – this little fellow is laughing, full of life, and ready for spring. Come to think of it, I’m feeling a little giddy myself at the promise of some sunshine.

“Jack Russell/Parsons Terrier Study,” 6”x12”, acrylic dog portrait on canvasboard, $90. Inquiries to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com .
SOLD.

I owe a special thanks to the “Dog Lady” for applying her distinctive voice to an article on the Dog-a-Day project, which you can see (along with many other entertaining canine related reads) on her site http://www.askdoglady.com/ .

Thanks, as always, for looking.
And for sharing these dog paintings with your friends and family.
Cheers to the last day of winter!
Kim

Kimberly Kelly Santini
http://www.turtledovedesigns.com/
distinctive pet portraits
& 4-legged paintings

http://www.paintingadogaday.com/
come. sit. stay.
enjoy the art.

Founding member of the Canine Art Guild
http://www.canineartguild.com/
the gateway to canine art on the web
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......