Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007


Continuing with the golden retriever theme today, I bring you Tory. Loved by everyone, Tory got invited on sleepovers and vacations, and shared 12 beautiful years with her family and their friends.

I don’t usually start my dog a days with an underpainting, but today something happened, and I ended up with this gorgeous green on the board. I picked the eyes out of the green, and then the nose followed, and I spent the remainder of the time pulling the wisps and feathers forward. The effect is fascinating – Tory sort of floats ethereally overtop her backdrop. It also showcases the brushwork, even the underlayers, which meant that I needed to pay close attention to each mark I laid down.

“Tory (Golden Retriever Study),” 6x12, acrylic pet portrait on canvasboard, collection of the Jeveli family (thank you).

Stay tuned for a third golden coming tomorrow.

Thanks, as always, for looking.
And for sharing these paintings with your friends and family,
Kim


Kimberly Kelly Santini
http://www.turtledovedesigns.com/
distinctive pet portraits
& 4-legged paintings

http://www.paintingadogaday.com/
come. sit. stay.
enjoy the art.

Founding member of the Canine Art Guild
http://www.canineartguild.com/
the gateway to canine art on the web
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......