Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Sweet Reprieve




FROM TOP: "Lindt Lindor in Red" and "Lindt Lindor in Blue," both 4" x 5", acrylic on canvasboard depictions of Lindt truffles, each painting $184, or both for $349. Inquiries may always come to me via email.
BOTH SOLD.

Can you tell I'm on a diet? I've been painting lots of candy lately, haven't I. And no, I did not eat these. Yet. Painting them is almost as satisfying as eating them. Almost!!
Wouldn't they make a great Valentine's gift for your chocoholic?! There's lots of other paintings at my etsy store, and through Saturday I have 20% off all paintings on canvasboard. This special will only last until Saturday......
I spent this morning tweaking the Chesapeake Bay portrait from earlier this week. As much as I'd like to think that I can nail portraits fairly consistently, there are occasions when I've gotten critical details wrong. I don't beat myself up too much over it, because there is nothing wrong with asking for a do-over. In this case, the dog's color was washed out. So I've laid some golden glazes overtop the fur and deepened shadows. When my client approves a final version, I'll update it here, in case anyone is interested in seeing the changes.
I am doing almost all my work on the iMac now. I installed my last bit of hardware today, and have everything but email transitioned to the new machine. That'll take a little longer because of some data conversion issues with Act! and Daylight, but I'll get to it eventually (I welcome input from anyone who's done the conversion!!).
I do not know how I managed to work in a Windows environment for so long, and continue to be amazed and delighted by all things Mac. Just the simple shift from a laptop monitor to the desktop screen has made photo editing (and book design/layout) so much easier! The whole iWeb package makes classy webdesign a cinch - my goal is to add a new page to the TurtledoveDesigns website every week, until I have the entire site rebuilt. And don't get me started on digital video editing, but it's pretty darned cool too!!
I wish everyone a safe and warm weekend. Thanks for looking at, and sharing, my paintings with your friends and family! See you Monday,
Kim
ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com
www.turtledovedesigns.com
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......