Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Tribute (Augie's Collar), from the Tags, Toys & Treasures Series

"Tribute," from the "Tags, Toys & Treasures" series, 12" square, acrylic on canvasboard, still life depicting dog collar and tags, exquisitely framed, $749 to the first taker. Proceeds from the sale of this painting will be donated to my local shelter, the Oakland Pet Adoption Center. Inquiries may always come to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com .

I have a similar painting hanging here in my studio. It's a favorite because it reminds me of what I had, what I have, and what will come to me. The proverbial circle of life.

Today's piece is a tribute to all who have crossed the bridge. I know the Dog-a-Day family lost quite a few over the holidays. I have friends and family who's lives are emptier now, too. My heart goes out to all of you.

This collar belonged to a friend's dog (thank you, Juliet). I tried to light it evenly, but you can actually see traces of my easel lamp along with a paler shadow cast from the window. I need to figure out a way to properly light still lifes - feel free to send me your suggestions (also, if you have objects you think I would be interested in painting, please email me! ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com).

And dang but it feels good to be painting again! I finally got to try out the fistful of new brushes I splurged on right before the holiday, and they are yummy (Utrecht mixed synthetics, brights, filberts and flats, along with a few oddballs). There's no substitute for good tools and materials. That's the honest truth.

Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my paintings with your friends and family.
See you tomorrow,
Kim

PS At the risk of sounding like a broken record, have you ordered your copy of Painting a Dog a Day - the First Year yet? or checked out the paintings for sale at my Etsy store? come on - what's holding you up?!
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......