Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Heinrich, Step III


"Heinrich (in process)," 16" square, acrylic on Ampersand Gessobord commissioned pet portrait of a German Shepherd, private collection (THANK YOU!). Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, from miniature size [4" x 4"] to larger than life) may always come to me.

I hope my first blog posting of the year finds all of you happily emerging from the activities of the past few weeks. The Santini family enjoyed a stellar holiday, including the exciting addition of a new baby boy - congratulations John & Elise!

This last week we (my husband and I) finished up the studio remodel that was started in June. I have shared some embarassing before photos (wow but this space was dysfunctional!!) and the shiney new sparkley after pics on my Facebook page. I am looking forward to the delight of working in a space specifically tailored to my needs - I don't expect to be more productive, but I do plan on enjoying myself even more so, if that's at all possible!

I also learned this morning that I was honored with a 2009 Making a Mark Award -the Moose Award - for the best depiction of an animal on a blog. Big thanks are due Katherine Tyrell for bestowing this tremendous honor on my artwork. For those of you who are unfamiliar with her blog, it's a great resource and starting point for all sorts of art and art business related topics.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim

SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......