Skip to main content

Little Dog, Big Shadow

ORDER NOTECARDS/REPRODUCTIONS


"Little Dog, Big Shadow," from "The Gratitude Project," 5" square, portrait of a delightful little rescued mix breed, done in Golden Open Acrylics on an Ampersand Gessobord, not for sale.


Do you ever have the good fortune to meet someone who inspires you without any effort on their part whatsoever?


Foxy's Mom is just such a person. Her heart is always in alignment with her actions. She's dedicated her life towards making others' better, without ever losing her sense of humor. And Foxy is her ever present shadow, a witness to the trail of sunshine they leave behind.


My only regret is the 1/2 a continent that separates us.


Meanwhile, tonite, I'm raising a fine glass of red wine in her direction. And shortly I'll be prepping Foxy's painting to take a little trip out west.


Thanks for sharing my artwork with your friends and family,

Kim

Naughty Dog

Last year, in great part because of your support, I was honored by seeing one of my dog portraits grace Mutt Lynch's newest red.


And this year they are looking for the next label design.


Nearly 100 entries were submitted. Voters will choose their favorites, and then the jury selects the winning design.


Take a peek and cast your vote here!!


I'm warning you, though - it's a tough decision!!

Comments

  1. Bravo pour cette belle étiquette... Votre art partage la vedette...
    J'aime la façon vue du haut que vous eu de peindre ce charmant toutou dans votre première peinture.
    Gros bisous et santé!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martine, many thanks and kisses right back atcha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks a lot like my dog, Callie, who is a Corgi mix. Beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Callie is a cutie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:54 PM

    Great painting! I love the composition, very unusual...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Copyright Thieves

Dear Copyright Thieves,   Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free for the taking. So let's just stop pretending the internet is a free-for-all.   Don't play the card that you didn't know - that's insulting. And don't also tell me that you meant to follow up and get permission but never got a chance to. That's insulting too. And by the way, don't you have a copyright protection notice on your own site?   And don't even try and point the finger at a third party who commissioned you to make a copy of my painting - again, an insult - you and I both know the difference between a reference photo and a painting.   And don't tell me that I asked for it because I share my artwork on the internet. I share my paintings and ideas and the stories behind them so as to encourage others to pursue  their own passions . I do not share so that those lacking integrity and morals can copy and market the images as their own...

Grindstone

"Grindstone", 16" x 20" acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting Grindstone, just a few strides away from winning The Kentucky Derby in 1996. Read more about this painting's story below - it's a good one! And inquiries may come directly  to me .  Paying it Forward Shortly after getting The Derby Gig, which neatly dovetailed my childhood passion for horse racing with my grown up obsession with painting, I started formulating a plan to give back to the universe. As it played out, The Kentucky Derby Museum got involved, and it was decided I would donate a piece to them, something they could use as a fundraising tool to further their education efforts.  "Would I be interested in painting Grindstone, the winner of the 1996 Derby?" they asked. But of course! Little did I know the background story, though. Every year the Museum asks the owners of the Kentucky Derby winner to donate one breeding to the Museum when th...

Golden Open Acrylics

I get all sorts of process oriented questions. Most recently I've been getting asked a lot about my paints and palette, which made me realize what a nice blog topic this would make! I use a Masterson Sta-Wet Premier palette box . This is comprised of a box (think Tupperware) with a sponge liner and a slice of palette paper that work together to keep my paints wet. This setup allows me to work with the same palette for about a full week, having the box open for multiple hours every day. You can see what the palette looks like at the beginning of a new session above - below the exact same palette after this week's work. For the last 25 years I have used Golden brand acrylics, mediums, and varnish. I love the overall quality of these paints and the fact that, when I have a question, their customer service department is made up of artists who actually use the products. Until last year, I used their Heavy Body paints exclusively. They have a buttery consistency, a little loose...