Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. At first the paintings were mostly dogs, but over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, children and other treasured heirlooms.

And yes, I accept commissions!

You are invited to sign up using the links at the left to receive the dailies via email or follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Ann and Annie

 
 
"Ann and Annie," 16" x 16", portrait of two Raggedy Anne dolls, done in acrylics on a cradeled museum quality panel, intended for ArtPrize 2013.


Continuing the doll paintings and conversations about their symbolic content. It would seem that Raggedy Anne is a safer face than the ones I've painted previously. Not that safe is better, mind you. And not that Raggedy Anne can't have a breakdown and come at you from behind either.... (hee hee!!)

 
All my ArtPrize doll portraits are here (along with the creepy vs sweet debates) on the studio Facebook page. I want to finish these two and another one this week.

 
And paint a couple dogs while I'm at it as well.
 

Meanwhile if you like the Ann's, you might also like this one I painted last week, which is now available in prints and notecards.

 
Thanks for following along with my artwork,
Kim
 

Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......