Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Rose, A New (Old) Doll Painting






"Rose" 8" x 10," acrylics on a museum quality panel, depicting a sleepy-eyed Nancy Ann Story Book doll (does anyone know this doll's original name?). In process photos can be viewed here. Inquiries may come to me.



Today didn't go as expected. Kids home (no power at school) and bouncing emails were just a couple of the surprises.

(And for those of you in the path of last nite's storms, I hope you have a warm place to stay and all your loved ones are accounted for.) 

I rolled with the punches, did lots of yoga breathing, put out all my fires, and found myself mid-afternoon with some time at the easel.

I could have worked on a commission, but didn't trust the fates to leave me alone. So I chose a little doll who seemed to match my pensive mood.

Here's hoping tomorrow is not a repeat of today!
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......