Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. At first the paintings were mostly dogs, but over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, children and other treasured heirlooms.

And yes, I accept commissions!

You are invited to sign up using the links at the left to receive the dailies via email or follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, December 27, 2013

Mona Lisa's Rainbow





"Mona Lisa's Rainbow," 7" x 8", casein on museum quality panel, depicting that famous kitty with the elusive smile. I'm not certain that this piece is finished, but anticipate some will be in love with her as is, so set things up on FineArtAmerica (reproductions, notecards and smartphone cases) - order away right here. Meanwhile inquiries may come to moi.

I've cut back on commissions so as to actively study and play with my materials. Play is a huge part (for me) of maintaining creative energy, and it's the first thing that gets set aside when my calendar starts to fill.

It's important, too, that I continue to challenge myself to grow as an artist. Painting with other artists, exploring new media and approaches, along with continuing to work from life and study light and color, is mandatory. And these are all things set aside if I don't say "no" often enough.

Today was a "yes" day for me - a fun playlist cranked in the studio, kids wandering in and out, a box of Samoas (the cookies, not the people), the kitten making his presence known at key moments (Mona can't have ALL the limelight, after all), and lots of playing with my drawerful of casein paint.

I bought the paint several years ago and only dabbled with 2 or 3 pieces until today.

And I am falling in love with this stuff. I mean, just look at the texture of the paint. And I can scratch back through the layers, too. I'm feeling rather giddy with the new discoveries.

What did you play with today?
Kim


Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......