Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Missing You Already




A journal page done after Margot's diagnosis, where I "spilled" stream of consciouness writing, layering the words overtop each other, then returned to pick out pattern and symbol.

Margot has been my biggest fan since we met over 13 years ago. As a gallery owner, she worked her tail off to promote and sell my work. As a fellow artist, we hashed through all sorts of artsy things together while trying out new ideas. And as a friend, she relentlessly kicked my butt into gear on pretty much everything.

"Just shut up and paint," she would tell me when I was over analyzing and trying to drag her into my mess. She knew painting would provide the clarity I needed.

Margot passed away early Tuesday morning after a brief illness. The last two weeks I've been repeatedly rocked to my core - first with her diagnosis, then her move to hospice, and now with saying goodbye. She was always so damned matter of fact about things, but did she have to tackle dying with the same sort of practicality?

I know she can hear me. And I see her looking over her shoulder, one eyebrow cocked, a wry smile touching her lips. And I hear her laughing.

Perhaps I should just shut up and paint today. 

Please keep Margot's family in your thoughts - they are even more wrung out than myself,
Kim 

Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......