Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Dum Dum Demo (Do I Say, Not As I Do)


A simple 6" x 6" study done in today's workshop, featuring a Dum Dum lollipop (it IS Halloween, after all!). This exercise was to demonstrate simple blending techniques with acrylics, and to show how to achieve a variety of marks, INCLUDING SMALL ONES (but not brushy-brushy small ones, because those are worst than a firey rash), with a large brush. Inquiries to me, and thank you so much.

Say's the woman with her paint brush in her mouth and her fingers in the paint

And yes, I open paint tubes with my teeth.

I have lots of bad habits.

But I also have a few gems of knowledge I'm happy to share with those who will listen.

Tomorrow is Day Two of our color and brushwork intensive. I'm happy to report there were no tears in Day One, although there was a knitted brow or two and some most excellent questions.

And I'm loving having an audience who's interested in talking about the nuances of harmonic color and the importance of plating one's food up so that it looks pretty.

Because this, people, is what makes the world go 'round.

(PSST - if you want to paint with me, drop me a line. We can make it happen!)

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork.
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......