Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Bodhi, in process, a painting on copper


IN PROCESS: "Bodhi," 12" x 9", acrylics on copper panel, depicting the perfect gentleman in repose.

Paintings on copper are exquisitely different when seen in person. Exposed bits of the surface are an active part of the composition, changing in value and offering reflective luminescence as the viewer/light moves across the painting. Here's a little video of an earlier stage of the piece.

All inquiries may come to me.

I've been looking at a lot of art lately, all sorts of varieties and timeframes. I am endlessly fascinated by the fact that historically we work with the same tools (paint, brushes, etc) and yet make such vastly different pieces. It's incredibly inspiring, and after a study session, I sometimes subconsciously place bits of different artists' styles in my own work.

Like Bodhi's painting, it has the same sort of feel as Ingres' Odalisque..... but brushwork a la Karin Jurick. I wonder if those hallmarks will remain in the finished piece..... we'll see what direction my muse takes me!

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......