Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, October 30, 2015

Exquisite (Little One II), a Painting on Copper


"Exquisite (Little One II)," 6-1/2" x 9", acrylics on copper, depicting the same little foal as yesterday. This painting is absolutely stunning when studied in the moving light - sections of the surface are exposed copper, and the metal reflects and absorbs the light as the viewer moves in closer. This piece is $699, which includes shipping and handling to a US address. 

Here's a short video - you gotta see this to believe it!  

Maybe you would like both paintings? We can work that out for certain - $899 will bring them both home. Let me know how I can make this happen for you (payment plan, credit card, etc).

A Random Comment on Facebook....



....stating the viewer thought yesterday's painting (above, on the left) was on copper got me thinking. Why not give it a try?

A second comment of "exquisite" gave todays piece (above, on the right) it's title.

Wow. This comparison truly brings home the difference between a panel and copper. And how shifting one basic thing (like the substrate) can impact the end result.

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......