|
"Jingle," 5" x 11", acrylics on museum quality panel, inspired by studio kitty Mona Lisa, $349. This is a reworked painting, one from a couple years back, that needed a little more oomph. Today it got that, splashes of color and an added jingle bell. Do you want Jingle for yourself? email me then!
Hoping everyone had a wonderful weekend - tomorrow rings in a new month. I'm not ready for December!
Thanks for your interest in my artwork,
Kim
|
“Katie’s Moustache,” 6x12, pet portrait in acrylic on canvasboard, $90. Inquiries to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com . One glimpse of Katie’s face, and I was hooked. Not only did she fall into my beloved “black & white” category, but she came with a full moustache and doe-like eyes. I first covered the canvas with a variety of blues and purples, using a (mixed) light green and pink for the highlights. (Right now my palette has been expanded to include the following: pthalo blue red, azurite hue, cad red dark, alizarine crimson, cad yellow dark, and then for graying/hazing out I use light green yellow and ultramarine purple.) I lighten with titanium white and darken with one of the blues and a touch of one of the reds. As a side note, at this time last year I was really struggling with my limited palette (I went from about 60 pots of paint to 3), but I have lived the benefits – I am so much more familiar with what I can mix given just this handful of colors. My paintings are also m...

Comments
Post a Comment