Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, November 09, 2015

Nest II (da Vinci)


"Nest II (daVinci)," 12" x 12" x 1-1/2", acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting everyone's favorite studio kitty daVinci. I think I can part with this painting. Well, provided the right family comes along. The piece is $699, which includes shipping and handling to a US address. Email me if you would like to bring daVinci (the painted, sleeping, well behaved daVinci) home.

This painting has been on my wall for over 2 years. I loved it, but it was a sentimental sort of love for that particular memory of a tiny kitten. It wasn't the sort of love I have for pieces that are exquisitely painted which I can't believe came off my brush.

Today I thought I'd try to capture that second sort of love.

I repainted the entire surface with a combination of spatulas, wedges, fingers and tiny brushes. There is a fabulous amount of texture and subtle layering of color happening here that just makes me grin ear to ear.

And I fell in love, the second kind of way.

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......