Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007


"Bailey," 4" square, terrier mixed breed commissioned pet portrait, acrylic on canvasboard, private collection (THANK YOU!).

I had to paint a little pumpkin face today, and Bailey fit the bill entirely. PLUS, she also fell into that whole skin tone category that I've been working on lately. And since I returned from class last night with a palette full of mountains of various flesh colors....

I got my wish at class yesterday, too - our model had a wirey gray beard and moustache full of undertones and textured just like a westie. That put me at ease immediately - I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I could tackle a human portrait with more success than a still life. Imagine that! I get next week's class to continue tweaking my portrait, and if I don't mess things up entirely, I'll share it with you. (Well, really, I should share it even if I do screw it up, simply as an example of one of many pieces that don't make it into the public's eye. I have a lot of "learning experiences" as I like to call them piled up int he studio, waiting to be painted over!).

I have another fun piece on the easel right now, but it needs a little tweaking still. Perhaps I'll get a few minutes between trick-or-treaters tonight to put the finishing touches on, and you'll get a second painting later on.

And, here's a link to the AKC's press release about the poster contest. The posters will be available for purchase through the AKC store on their website in early December. http://www.akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id=3335 Wow. This is for real. I keep pinching myself.

Thanks, as always, for looking.
And for sharing these pet portraits with your friends and family!
Enjoy your evening,
Kim

Kimberly Kelly Santini

http://www.turtledovedesigns.com/

distinctive pet portraits


come sit stay


proud founding member of

The Canine Art Guild
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......