Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Updo II, Painted Sketch


"Updo II," painted sketch on multimedia artboard, 8" x 10", part of the Daily Paintworks Weekly Challenge.

SOLD.

So I learned that these are Polish Hens, and apparently they are a popular favorite among chicken afficianados. Thanks to all who shared their avian knowledge!

Hang this sketch on your wall for $99 - or take both ladies(Updo I and II) for $169.

I wonder if there's a future in Painting a Chicken a Day.....

Thanks in advance for sharing my artwork with your friends and family,
Kim
The Chick Queen

Alecia Underhill and I corresponded last night, and so now I am able to share - with her blessings - one of her chick paintings that I love so very much.

"Glamour Chick," the above oil painting, is 30" x 40" - talk about a wicked fun focal point for a room!!

And if you have smaller walls (or crowded ones like mine!), Alecia offers reproductions in a variety of sizes (including a whopping 36" x 48"!!).

You are invited to hang with Alecia at her website and fall in love with some of her other paintings.

thanks!!
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......