Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Roxy


 

"Roxy," 8" x 10", portrait of a little black French Bulldog, done in Golden Open Acrylics on an Ampersand Gessobord. This one's not for sale - she's already got a most excellent home.

 
However, I know there will be those wanting something similar, so just email me and we'll put together a killer project just for you.

 
This is the live demonstration painting I did on Saturday atRaining Cats and Dogs in Frankenmuth, Michigan. I moved a good hunk of my studio onto their front porch, and set up for an idyllic day of pushing color about and chatting it up with passers-by.

 
For the record, I am so pleased that they invited me to hang my artwork in their store AND allowed me to come work with them for a day. I can't wait to do it again. 
 

If you didn't make it up this weekend, that's ok - my work is there indefinately, and I will regularly bring up new paintings, too. 10% of all sales (including commissioned portraits!) made through them will be donated to animal shelters/rescue groups in the Frankenmuth area, too. 

 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my paintings with your friends and family,
Kim

 
OH YEAH - "Ladybugs" has sold (thanks to collector AT!!), which means reproductions are now available on FineArtAmerica. And the same goes with "Whiskery Clyde" (welcome to new collector BK!!) - get your repros here.

 
COMING UP ~~ PAINTING WORKSHOP "Mixing Color Not Mud": Saturday, October 8th, at the Orion Art Center in Lake Orion MICHIGAN. Email me to get on the early bird list.
 
 

 

Just a few pics from the weekend.....

 

At first I set up on the porch, but it was literally raining cats and dogs, and they kindly brought me inside (ironically next to the Thundershirts).......

 

 

Where I was teased with displays of colorful leashes and great gifts for nearly everyone I knew......
 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......