Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Catch!


 
 
 

"Catch!," 9" x 14", portrait of a yellow lab, done in Golden Open Acrylics on an Ampersand Gessobord. Add this painting - and a big grin - to your collection for $599. Inquiries may come to me.

 
Despite a day fraught with interruptions - the phone, carpools, a furiously barking dog, and a myriad of other events trying to draw me astray - I finished my painting. A rather ambitious one to boot. Doesn't matter that it's the nth hour. I'm very pleased with myself.

 
Seems extra fitting that I also was reading something today about unabashedly allowing your happiness to shine. This girl has that part down - we could all take a lesson from her!

 
Meanwhile, I'm off to bed - looks like tomorrow could be a repeat of today.

 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my paintings with your friends and family,
Kim
 

 
COMING UP ~~ PAINTING WORKSHOP "Mixing Color Not Mud": Saturday, October 8th, at the Orion Art Center in Lake Orion MICHIGAN. Email me to get on the early bird list.

 


 

Last winter one of my Dog-a-Day paintings earned first place in a Richeson 75 exhibition. This prize came with a wonderful gift certificate towards Jack Richeson art supplies.

 
My first box arrived today, packed with a huge variety of brushes and other goodies. My fistful (above) represents just a few of my new tools. I think I'm set with brushes for a little bit......

 
Thank you, Jack Richeson & Co for your generousity! 


Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......