Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Marley vs the Dragon, Part I


 
 
 

Meet our first Dragon Slayer, Marley. Doesn't she look perfect for the job? Long claws to pierce directly through tough dragon scales and lots of extra skin to shield her from fiery breath.

 
Earlier last month, I asked Dog a Day fans to submit candidates for a dragon painting concept - you can see the entrants over on the studio Facebook page. It was a very difficult decision - so many wonderful options! I immediately decided that what was to be one painting needed to become a series.

 
And little Marley will be the first muse for the first Dragon Slayer painting, a piece I will start later this week (it's due at the gallery in 10 days! yikes!). 

 
I stretched and primed a large canvas this afternoon, getting myself ready to invite her and her nemesis into the studio. Once I finish Mya.

 
(And I do see the copyright on this photo - rest assured I have Judy Wood's permission. I never paint from photos I have not taken without express permission of the photographer.)

 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my paintings with your friends and family,
Kim

 
JUST ANNOUNCED!!  PAINTING WORKSHOP: Saturday, October 8th, at the Orion Art Center in Lake Orion MICHIGAN, for reservations call 248-693-4986
 
 

Studio Happenings

 
I think there's a revolving door on the front of my house, based on the kid traffic as of late. We've consumed an unheard of number of pizzas and popsicles.

 
Here's what else is going on:
 

Journalling Classes continue - I've got 2 kids classes left this month, and grownUPs meet on 3rd Thursdays.

 
I hung work today at the Nice Day Cafe in Goodison, Michigan. It'll be up through the end of the month.

 
Opening next Friday, I have 6 paintings in a group show in Lapeer, Michigan.
 

August 20th I'll be doing a live paint at Raining Cats and Dogs in Frankenmuth, Michigan.
 

And, of course, I'll have work at the Orion Art Center's Dragon on the Lake Exhibition, which opens Saturday, August 27th.
 
  
 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......