Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Callie, A Painted Sketch


 
 
 
"Callie," image approximately 6" x 5", roughly centered on an 8" x 10" artists' multimedia board. This one already has a fabulous home, just like it's cute namesake.
 

It's been a busy week here - higher than normal email volumes have kept me busy fielding inquiries (is it possible the holiday rush has already started?). The dog's needed a little extra TLC (see below), there's been football camp and back-to-school shopping, and an oddly elevated amount of laundry, too.

 
One more week of summer vacation before the school year routine commences. While I am sad to see my time with the kids end, I am also looking forward to holing up in the studio with my paints, and digging in to some fabulous new concepts I have brewing.

 
And it's football season!! The (Lake Orion) Dragons have their opening game tonite, a perfect way to usher in our Dragon on the Lake festival this weekend.

 
Hope you have a glorious time doing whatever it is that floats your boat. And if your boat is being floated by Irene, please wear your lifejackets and stay safe.

 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my paintings with your friends and family,
Kim

 
 
COMING UP ~~ PAINTING WORKSHOP "Mixing Color Not Mud": Saturday, October 8th, at the Orion Art Center in Lake Orion MICHIGAN. Email me to get on the early bird list.




Poor, Poor Finnigan

 
We think he was stung earlier in the week (we are battling zombie-wasps in our yard - they refuse to die!!). Right on the end of his cute widdle nose.

 
And overnight he rubbed the darned thing raw. And then it got infected. And he rubbed it some more.

 
It was a vicious cycle.

 
Peroxide and some soothing (and non-toxic) rose petal balm just didn't do the trick, so Finni got "coned," which displeased him to no end.

 
He's not used to measuring the width of things he tries to dash through (like between the chairs under the kitchen table), and had to learn to arch his neck in order to pick up a toy from the floor. 

 
And I'm sporting ridiculous curved bruises on the backs of my shins......

 
Meanwhile the kitten has taken advantage of his reduced "reach" to ambush his back end regularly.

 
At least it's entertaining around here!
 
 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......