Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Warrior Princess, In Process

 
 

IN PROCESS:  "Warrior Princess," 6" x13", an ongoing portrait of The Princess and her partners in crime (yet to be added to the piece), done in acrylics on a museum quality panel, depicting a group of ballerinas I've grown to love, collection of The Princess.

 
I spent the weekend at my second dance competition, surrounded by the most fabulous costumes and music and elegance, and the whole time my hands itched to hold brushes and bring it all to life.

 
So tonite, after yet another snow day and a houseful of kiddos, I indulged.

 
I am sipping wine during the evening as I continue working on this piece (and hoping hoping hoping that everyone gets on the bus tomorrow morning!) - and I'll post lots of pictures to the studio's Facebook page (not of the victorious moment at the busstop, but of what plays out in the studio tonite). Thank you for following along.

 
And before I get 100 requests - these dance paintings are for my own princess. I'm not ready to take commissions yet, so please enjoy them at face value. And I honestly thank you for your interest - I really do!!

 
Fondly, 
Kim, who's listening to Tchiavkosky and Regina Spektor and wishing they could have collaborated on some fabulous dance music
 


Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......