Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, September 13, 2013


Can you believe that after all the abuse I doled out, my students were kind enough to take me cowboy boot shopping? How lucky I am. 
 
 
Dear Students,
 
It never fails, the night before a workshop, I am plagued with doubt and question whether I can share a single morsel of useful info. I dread having to push all of you out of your comfort zones. I'm terrified someone will curl up in a corner in the fetal position much like I did at one of my first intensive classes. I'm even more frightened of being asked a question I can't answer. Or a student walking out and never coming back.
 
So thank you for stroking my ego. You said I taught some rather key ideas, there was a little balking but no tears (at least not in the classroom), and I think I did a pretty good job fielding questions. And I didn't lose a single person (at least not physically).
 
And for all you said you were going home to practice and continue studying, let me tell you that I am taking home ten times that. Your responses will guide in refining workshop content, seemingly random suggestions will steer future paintings, and new friendships will fuel a shared passion for making art.
 
Springfield MO, thanks for sharing your drawls, your laughter, your sunsets  - and your boots. Can't forget those boots!!
 
Love you ladies!!
Kim
 
PS  Pictures of our workshop are over on Facebook. Come have a peek. And let me know if you want to host something similar in your neck of the woods, because I'm booking 2014 now.
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......