Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Victor E.


My better half, underneath the tarp that protected Vic the first couple days from our inclement weather.
 
A panoramic shot of the final crew, adding glitter to the lettering.
 
And under the lights, after the Dragon's first home game (and second victory of the season).
 
 
I'm travelling to Springfield today (to teach a three day workshop), but thought I would share a project My Better Half and I and a slew of parents worked on over Labor Day weekend.
 
The old scoreboard mascot (the original back of the press box) on the high school football field was faded and peeling. The football coaches asked parents if they thought they could give him a facelift - how quicklye do you think I volunteered for THIS project?
 
A team of us worked over the three day weekend scraping, priming, redrawing, painting, and bedazzling the mascot. I can't take all the credit - it was a group effort and we had a great time together!
 
Last Friday night he was unveiled to the community, and the varsity football team did the added honor of opening their home season with a victory.
 
All for Victor E.
 
Thanks for following along with my artwork, even when it's firebreathing,
Kim

Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......