Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013


IN PROCESS:  Kiran's Spotlight, 11" x 14", acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting a young dancer and friend of The Princess, not currently available. However, inquiries may come to me.
 
 
I'm at an impasse. Measuring and wondering if the grays in the background would be better with a glaze of transparent orange overtop, just to amplify the heat of the spotlight. But then again, perhaps I need the contrast (not just from a value standpoint, but from a value AND color temperature perspective).
 
And until I figure it out (which way is the best compliment to the poised figure? that's a queation only I can answer), I'll hold off on finishing Kiran's profile and putting additional detail into her form, just to keep everything balanced. So yes, the edges are soft and fuzzy, but that's just a temporary stage!
 
Hoping to see my way clearly very soon!
 
Thanks for following along with my artwork!
Kim
 
PS  In process pictures are here on Facebook.
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......