Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, March 05, 2015

Racehorse I, Contour Drawing


"Racehorse I," a contour drawing, roughly 5" x 9", ballpoint pen on paper, available for $75, including s&h inside the US. As always, inquires may always come directly to me. SOLD (TY!).

A similar styled piece, with paint added, is available via auction benefitting the Equis Gallery Relocation Fund is also available - learn more and bid here

It seems as though every day this week has taken an unexpected turn or been consumed with meetings, phone calls and various appointments. I miss my quiet days in the studio with my paints.

But that doesn't mean I'm not creating!

It used to be that I refused to touch any art supplies if I didn't have 3-4 hours to work uninterrupted. Three kids and a busy household taught me that no amount of meticulous planning or patient waiting would ever guarantee that.

Compromising hurt my pride for a little - but, in the long run, it enabled me to embrace the moments I do have to create. Even if those moments are limited to doodling in between other tasks.

My new love affair with contour drawing is perfect for days like today, split between meetings, multiple phone consults, parent-teacher conferences, and a bit of email work.

I'll have a quiet household tonight (presumably), and I envision more of these, coupled with spinach tortellinis and pesto, a dry red and Zoe Keating.

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork!
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......