Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Spring, in Process


"Spring," 9" x 30", mixed media, reverse painted, on museum ULVS plexiglass. This piece will go to the first one asking nicely for $699. As always, inquires may always come directly to me.

SOLD (TY VERY MUCH!)

I started painting on plexiglass last month, and after a little adjustment (one has to assemble their painting in reverse, from tiny marks to bigger ones), fell totally in love with the process.

Here is my latest, not quite finished, with nods to Van Gogh, Klimt and Matisse, along with other personal imagery and symbols. It began innocently enough as a doodle on the back of someone's homework, started while breakfasting with The Princess one morning. She challenged me to run with the idea (giant daffodils chasing a rabbit), and run I did!

Close up details of the progression are here and a few more here.

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork!
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......