Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

24K Bun


"24K Bun," 8" x 10", acrylics with gold leaf on museum quality panel, depicting a very content bunny rabbit encased in gold. Yup, gold - not gold paint, but gold leaf. This painting is $499 with complimentary shipping inside the US - if you are interested, please let me know

SOLD (thank you!)

I've been curious about the difference between metal as a surface (painting on copper) and metal as a layer (using leaf). Today my friend Deb gave me some gold leaf to try out and I got experiment (thank you Deb!). There's pros and cons to each, and perhaps in the future there might even be a piece that combines both. But for now I'm very happy with what I am learning. And the way this one turned out.

(And there was lots of giggling at the gold flaked boogers I blew out of my nose earlier too.)

(And in case you recognize the bunny, this is an older painting that I reworked with my paint pens, fresh dashes of saturated color, a few value shifts, and the gold leaf. Because anything left in my possession runs the possibility of getting a fresh coat of paint.)

Thanks for following along with my artwork,
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......