Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Toile Tabby, in process


In process, "Toile Tabby (Mona Lisa)," 6-1/2" x 6", acrylics on copper panel, portrait of my ever willing studio muse and tabby cat, complete with her air of mystery. When finished, this piece will be $599 to the first asking nicely. As always, inquiries may come to me

I don't often force myself to take time away from the studio, but did so this weekend. Sometimes one can benefit from shutting down - or trying to shut down - the incessant color mixing/painting/composing/problem solving that goes on in one's head. 

In my case, I returned to the studio early this morning - 7am!! - eager get to the easel and a bit more clear headed and focused than I have been as of late. The break (including a massage, reading, knitting, baking, journaling and family time) was good for me.

And here I am at 11pm, readying to call it a night. Because when inspiration calls, my brushes are compelled to get to work answering.

Thanks for your interest in my artwork,
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......