Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Hammy, in multiple sizes!



FROM TOP: "Big Hammy," 6" x 12", $359, SOLD; "Little Hammy," 4" x 8", $249, SOLD; both paintings depicting a long-haired tiger cat in acrylic on board. Inquiries to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com .

I was so intrigued by the composition (Hammy's averted eyes, all the colors in her fur, the strong value ranges, and interesting edge work), that I wanted to try out multiple scales with slightly different color temperatures (the purple one is warmer, and the other carries more cool blues). It's hard to read on the computer, because you see everything in relatively the same size, but when you hold the paintings in your hand, it makes a world of difference.

Thanks, as always, for looking.
And for sharing the Dog-a-Day paintings with your friends and family - please do forward!
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......