Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Lashes and Corkscrews, Buckskin Horse

"Lashes and Corkscrews," 5" x 8", buckskin tobiano curly horse portrait, acrylic on board, $289 to the first taker. Do I see any hands? Inquires to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com .

I really DID intend to paint today, but things got out of hand quickly. I think it was the Snickers bar breakfast that me going in the wrong direction right off the bat. Then the mid-morning helping of caramel corn followed by a Kit-Kat lunch.... straight downhill from there.

For the last hour I have had my palette open and the brushes out, but trick-or-treaters are coming thick and heavy, and it's becoming very clear that I will NOT be finishing the sheltie paintings tonight (so sorry JB - they are coming, though!!).

Instead I'll share with you a piece I did last week for an art competition. I won't find out about the juror's decision until December, but in the meanwhile, please enjoy Percy, my friend's new gelding. Isn't he a dear?!

Be sure to make some time for a few chocolate bars this weekendll!!
I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable evening,
Kim
ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com

http://www.turtledovedesigns.com/


PS You know I'll be raiding the kids' Halloween stash next week and creating some candy paintings. If you have any favorites you would like to see, shoot me a note: ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com .
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......