Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, October 08, 2012

Smile

 
 
 

"Smile," 8" x 10", commissioned portrait of a yellow lab, done in acrylic on museum quality panel. This painting has a home (or rather, I hope so - I haven't yet heard back from my client!), but I am happy to create something similar for you - just let me know!

 
In process pics of "Smile" are on my studio Facebook page. Along with a link to a gorgeous piece done by one of my mentors, Vianna Szabo.

 
Last Friday I asked Facebook followers if I should paint for myself or work on a commissioned piece. There was a variety of advice, but Vianna's seemed to be the most sage. "(paint for your)self! That way you will paint a better commission when the time comes. Trust me I know...."

 
Enjoy,
Kim, who has a couple days this week blocked out to paint for herself

 
PS Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!
 
 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......