Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Getting to the Paint


Mona Lisa, enjoying some sunshine but keeping an eye out for daVinci, who has a knack for the perfect ambush and happened to be "casually" ambling by. This will be a future painting.
 

I spend a lot of time in my workshops addressing all the aspects of being an artist that do NOT involve picking up a paintbrush. And while I am a daily painter, and my goal is to paint 5 days a week, that's not always my reality.

 
For instance, today I -
  • reviewed a contract for upcoming workshop, coordinated revisions, and researched travel arrangements
  • created marketing materials for a local event
  • inventoried materials returning from last workshop, began packing and prepping for Sept classes
  • sorted photos from previous two weeks' of events and archived digitally
  • wrapped and shipped paintings to new homes
  • updated website database
  • fielded approx 150 emails
  • sent hand written thank you notes
  • paid a months' worth of bills
  • began planning for this weekend's live paint demonstration
  • finished expense reports for my recent trips to New York and Traverse City
  • oogled the painting on my easel, wishing my desktop was a little cleaner so I could justtify some time with my brushes
 
Thanks so much for following along with my work,
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......