Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Jack


Jack, 6" x 8", depicting a wild rabbit, painted in acrylics on museum quality panel, $329 to the first one saying "please!" Pleases may come to me - along with inquiries about commissioning your own special portrait. But make it quick, becaue I am really tempted to keep this one for myself!!
 
 

My challenge today was to paint the light more so than the object. To make the light tangible and real and the primary focus of the painting.

 
It was much harder than it looks. Much, much harder.

 
In process pics on the studio Facebook page.

 
Thanks so much for following along with my work,
Kim
 

PS Thank you to my friend Lisa from Team Husar Photography for sharing bunny photos and granting me permission to paint from them!

Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......