Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

An Auction to Benefit The SAMFund






TOP ROW, left to right, "Bud," "Tendril," BOTTOM ROW Reaching," and "Glow," each 4" square, acrylics on museum quality panels. These paintings will be auctioned with 100% of the proceeds going to The SAMFund, a group like no other that offers financial, professional and emotional support to young adult cancer survivors. Please feel free to share the links to this auction, and take a hand in helping The SAMFund gift their one millionth dollar.

The auction is ongoing and will and run seven days, until Tuesday, October 29th, 2013.

Bid on Bud
Bid on Tendril
Bid on Reaching
Bid on Glow



Over the weekend I asked on Facebook what to paint. Several people mentioned flowers, which I nixed right away because I pretty much suck at them.

But then I realized I wouldn't get any better if I didn't try. And I don't always want to suck at anything.

I also tried to channel my hero, Lisa Daria Kennedy, who paints florals daily and makes an absolute delight out of the process. I think channelling Lisa was the key!! I thought about each petal as a brushmark and doodled high and low lights into the form, painting attention to value more so than edges.

I had an unexpected good time with an unexpected subject and enjoyed unexpected results.

And I have a dozen roses to show for it, too!

Thanks as always for following along with my artwork,
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......