Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

At Peace (Gracie May)


 
 
At Peace (Gracie May), 12" x 18", depicting our neighbor's dog. I started this painting at my Dragon on the Lake demo in August of this year - it was a hot and windy day, which led to a little excitement as I painted with one hand steadying the canvas on my easel. Today Gracie made it to my studio easel for the finishing touches. This painting can be yours for $639. Inquiries may come to me.
 
 
On any given day I can peek out my studio window and catch a glimpse of Gracie May sunning herself at her home across the street. Usually with a shoe nearby.
 
A rescued dog, Gracie's of uncertain ancestry - she's much taller and lighter boned than a typical lab, but has their sweet disposition and fondness for cookies. Lumpy and stiff with arthritis, her tail thumps upon your approach and she rolls for a good belly rub.
 
If I'm especially lucky, she'll get up, drop her head, wiggle her butt, and howl with anticipation when I cross the street.
 
Needless to say, the Santini family adores her!
 
Progress on this painting (including it's start as an outdoor demo earlier this summer) can be seen here.
 
Have a great afternoon,
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......