Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

A New Water Dog Painting, In Process!


Untitled and in process, 12" x 16," depiction of a yellow lab playing in the sprinkler (sprinkler not yet painted!), done in acrylics on museum quality panel, $629. Inquiries may come to me.
 
 
Last night at my demo, I was so eager to talk painting that I completely flaked on taking photos!! But this is what I started and includes a couple hours of additional work today - I'm taking a little break for chocolate before starting on the water droplets. 
 
Comment on the progression over on FB, where I'm sharing photos of the painting over the course of the day. Feel free to chime in on a title over there too!!
 
We talked about color and value, committing to becoming a better artist, setting realistic goals to make that happen, using photos (only with permission!) for inspiration and allowing a dialogue with the composition that fosters artistic license, and the importance of good footwear (I was sporting a favorite pair of acid washed Fluevog Mary Janes).
 
If your artist group is within driving range (SE lower Michigan) and you want me to come talk about shoes and other stuff, I'm game!!
 
Happy creating,
Kim
 
PS  I have 2 painted sketches valued at $150 each for the next 2 peeps making a $75 donation by this Sunday, October 6th, 2013 to The Caped Crusader's pledge to Wendy's Wonderful Warriors/ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease research. Use this link to make your pledge, and I'll send an email confirming your sketch order - just in time for holiday gift giving. THANK YOU for supporting ALS research!
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......