Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Baby Doll





"Baby Doll," 6" x 8", still life painting depicting a vintage baby doll, acrylics on museum quality panel, $329. In process photos are here and inquiries may come to me.

I've been fretting the last 18 months about my obsession with dolls and finally realized that I don't have to justify anything. I need to just paint them - embrace my compulsion and indulge that creative urge.

It's ok to create and not fully understand your attraction to the subject. Just wallow in whatever it is you love. And have fun with the process. You have my permission.

And if I figure things out along the way, I'll share them with you!

Meanwhile, the doll paintings will be exhibited as a collection later this winter. 

Happy weekend,
Kim

Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......