Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Field Trip!





IN PROCESS: "Victoria and Camille," 11" x 14", still life painting depicting two generations of dolls (a Corolle vanilla scented baby belonging to my daughter and my childhood Madame Alexander doll), acrylics on museum quality panel, $599. Lots of in process photos are here and inquiries may come to me.

Collage artist Laura Locke invited me to co-create in her gorgeous studio. (Thank you, Laura - this is me, waving furiously!)

While she worked on a large scale mixed media fabric piece of her two daughters, I spent an hour playing with my dolls. I kept moving them aound, repositioning their bodies, trying different chairs/heights/surfaces, until I was happy with the setup. 

Then I walked past from a different angle across the studio and changed my mind entirely! Typical, right?

While I set to work painting, Laura started a new piece and shared some of her treasured ephemera: photographs, magazines, love letters, correspondence and publications from the early 20th century. We laughed at vintage advertisements for feminine products, sang along to The White Stripes, and talked about our show in April. The Michigan sun even graced us with her presence, and before we knew it, the day was done.

I'll finish this one up (hopefully today) and get some other studio projects completed. Tonite I teach my grownUPs Journaling class. Tomorrow I deliver artwork for an exhibition and I'm ordering panels for some new large scale commissions. And of course I would love to spend another day arting with Laura. It's an exciting time to be in  - and out of - the studio!

Thanks for following along with my artwork!
Kim

Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......