Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sunshine and Painting





Photo courtesy of one of my Louisiana Art and Artists Guild workshop students from April 2013 - I'm kicking myself hard for not tagging this photo with your name - whoever you are, I am blowing you kisses - thank you!!

With a local weather forecast of negative double digits, significantly more snow accumulation, and our school district already warning of possible closures, you can bet I'm excited to be heading south next week.

Friday and Saturday I'll be teaching at The Craft Shack near Orlando Florida.

I've condensed my 4 day workshop into a whirlwind 2 day extravaganza. We are focusing on color and brushwork, a combination that will leave students with a whole new bag of tricks when they return to their own studios.

That is, if they don't collapse of exhaustion first. Because I am a slave driver in the classroom.

There were two escapees, err cancellations, yesterday - so grab a seat while you can and leave that winter coat behind!

Talk to Debbie and she'll get you all situated!

Kim (who is STILL waiting for that replacement panel to arrive for her big old double larger-than-lifesized portrait - the panel SHOULD have been here by noon today, but for some reason it's stuck in Memphis)
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......