Skip to main content

Eeyore II, Toy #5



"Eeyore II (Toy #5)," 6" x 6," acrylics on masonite, another portrait (or is it a still life?) depicting Disney's Eeyore, salvaged from the stuffed animals bin at the Salvation Army (4 stuffies for a dollar, people!). This painting is $75 and includes s&h inside the US. How can you NOT love the grumpiest of grumps? Bring him home, and then, I dare you to smile and be joyful around him!

SOLD (THANK YOU!)

It's Official-----

I talked about the "100 Paintings" commitment a couple days ago, and was musing the added benefit of jumping on board the challenge myself. And the more I thought about it, the more sense it made.
 
I want to improve my ability to paint from life and to build still life setups here in the studio. Doing this in small bites, 100 of them to be exact, seems to be the perfect solution. Plus factor in the bins of toys I have been hoarding (I can't say no to an unloved toy) and I have plenty of material.

So it's official! I'm committing to 100 paintings of toys. 
 
I've created an album on Facebook where I'll share all the finished works. Each piece will be 6" square, on masonite, and available for $75 (which includes s&h inside the US). 
 
Can't wait to get one? I don't blame you!! So that's why you can pre-purchase a toy if you wish (Duane Kaiser did this with his oddments, a project involving 1000 tiny paintings). Pre-purchasing means you will be surprised with a painting depicting a toy of my choosing. To pre-purchase, just send me an email, indicating in the body of your message which toy # you would like, choosing from #6 to #100.

I'm pretty excited about this project!
Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Copyright Thieves

Dear Copyright Thieves,   Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free for the taking. So let's just stop pretending the internet is a free-for-all.   Don't play the card that you didn't know - that's insulting. And don't also tell me that you meant to follow up and get permission but never got a chance to. That's insulting too. And by the way, don't you have a copyright protection notice on your own site?   And don't even try and point the finger at a third party who commissioned you to make a copy of my painting - again, an insult - you and I both know the difference between a reference photo and a painting.   And don't tell me that I asked for it because I share my artwork on the internet. I share my paintings and ideas and the stories behind them so as to encourage others to pursue  their own passions . I do not share so that those lacking integrity and morals can copy and market the images as their own...

Grindstone

"Grindstone", 16" x 20" acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting Grindstone, just a few strides away from winning The Kentucky Derby in 1996. Read more about this painting's story below - it's a good one! And inquiries may come directly  to me .  Paying it Forward Shortly after getting The Derby Gig, which neatly dovetailed my childhood passion for horse racing with my grown up obsession with painting, I started formulating a plan to give back to the universe. As it played out, The Kentucky Derby Museum got involved, and it was decided I would donate a piece to them, something they could use as a fundraising tool to further their education efforts.  "Would I be interested in painting Grindstone, the winner of the 1996 Derby?" they asked. But of course! Little did I know the background story, though. Every year the Museum asks the owners of the Kentucky Derby winner to donate one breeding to the Museum when th...

Golden Open Acrylics

I get all sorts of process oriented questions. Most recently I've been getting asked a lot about my paints and palette, which made me realize what a nice blog topic this would make! I use a Masterson Sta-Wet Premier palette box . This is comprised of a box (think Tupperware) with a sponge liner and a slice of palette paper that work together to keep my paints wet. This setup allows me to work with the same palette for about a full week, having the box open for multiple hours every day. You can see what the palette looks like at the beginning of a new session above - below the exact same palette after this week's work. For the last 25 years I have used Golden brand acrylics, mediums, and varnish. I love the overall quality of these paints and the fact that, when I have a question, their customer service department is made up of artists who actually use the products. Until last year, I used their Heavy Body paints exclusively. They have a buttery consistency, a little loose...