Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Finger Puppet I, Toy #15


"Finger Puppet I," 6" x 6," acrylics on masonite, painted from the army of finger puppet guardians that watch over my studio entryway. This painting is $75, with free shipping inside the US. Purchasing is as simple as asking.

Another Year Older

But am I wiser? that is the bigger question. (Today is my birthday)

This year included soul searching and digging deep as I worked on making sense of the losses and heartache encountered in the previous 18 months.

I have not figured it out, nor have I gotten one inch closer to understanding much other than teenagers and their mood swings (secret - it's all about full bellies, because, seriously, people, hangry (hungry+angry) can be dangerous).

But I am learning to step towards what terrifies me the most (like my baby being in high school), to trust in the universe (there HAS to be a bigger reason we have a curtain and wallpaper eating cat in our household), and to linger more fully in gratitude (I have the most remarkable kids and the absolutely perfect circle of friends). And I've got a good, tight grip on the memories of those I've loved, and artwork and writings that are helping me hold on.

So maybe I am a little wiser.

And keeping in tradition of birthday's past, I ask that you pay it forward today. One small and unexpected kindness times the 1200 newsletter subscribers plus the 500 blog readers plus the 150 google plus connections plus the 3300 facebook fans equals a lot of fresh smiles. And that's a fabulous birthday gift!

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
All my best, Kim

Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......