Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Saratoga, August


"Saratoga, August," 9" x 12", acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting three campaigners getting hosed down on their return to the barns after racing. How I LOVE to stand along the rail and watch the rainbows from the mist as the horses walk by, glistening wet and reflecting all sorts of color themselves. This piece is $549 (which includes s&h inside the US). In process images are here and inquiries may come to me

Horse Racing is On My Mind.....

Next week I head east for my annual trek to the magical town of Saratoga Springs, New York. This year three other artists will be journeying in the same direction (from Tennessee, Connecticut, and New York). We all will convene around the kitchen table Thursday evening with ice cream spoons and wine glasses. Friday morning it'll be to the track for early morning workouts, then into town for coffee and pastries at Mrs Londons, then perhaps a trip out to Old Friends (a Thoroughbred retirement facility) before returning to the track for the afternoon's racing card.

Meanwhile, I am creating some new pieces to take to Spa Fine Art, my gallery there in town. I'll be doing a live paint there Saturday, August 1st, and will leave that piece (or pieces, as the case may be - last year I got two completed) with them. But I also try to bring along other inventory and save myself the cost and worry of shipping. Plus gallery guests have new, pretty things to look at while I'm there.

So "Saratoga, August" will be in Saratoga in August, unless, that is, someone wants it first - if so, let me know!! I could maybe even get the piece on it's way prior to my trip......

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......