Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Kit


"Kit," 8" x 10", acrylics on museum quality panel, a commissioned pet portrait of a tri-colored long haired Chihuahua. Kit's painting has a home (thank you so very much!), however do not despair - I am now accepting a limited number of special projects like this one. Please send inquiries to me

I know, I know. I've been painting a lot of things other than dogs. And dogs are what the majority of you readers know me for and want to see.

But here's the thing - I love painting them just as much as I did before, they just aren't getting to the easel as often. Because I want to learn better handling of lights and darks, and focus on manipulating edges - both things that aren't always possible when working from photos on a specific likeness.

So yes, I'm mixing it up a bit. Working on the 100 Toys series and doing more totem paintings, spending a lot of time journaling and sketching and reading and thinking and listening.

Regardless of what I am painting, though, I remain grateful for your time and attention and feedback. Your eyes and your stories make my pieces come all the more alive - thank you for sharing them!!

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......