Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Under a Van Gogh Sky


"Under a Van Gogh Sky," 16" x 20", mixed media on museum quality panel, an assignment from the online class I'm taking, Year of the Spark. This piece is not for sale (I've gotta keep it!), but I have uploaded it to FineArtAmerica so that if you are in love with it too, you can have a print (or a cell phone case or a tote bag or a duvet cover or a shower curtain or a pillow or a tshirt). Inquiries can always come to me, and thank you so much. 

Busy Work

Every job has it, right? yes, even mine. Today was spent tidying up, doing paperwork for a couple show entries, building a box for another piece heading out to a show, prepping a lesson plan for next week's grownUPs journaling class, and trying to clear off my desk.

After some progress was made on the above, I pulled out the homework for Year of the Spark, and rewarded myself with some serious one-on-one unicorn time.

The assignment was to work large, starting with several charcoal drawings (blind contour, non dominant hand, etc), then working with a large brush and a light heart, making childlike marks. My uni started out simple, but I hit a zone, and when I came out of it, he was quite a bit more complex. But still pretty darned delightful. (I am especially pleased that I used techniques learned from Stanka Kordic, Lisa Kennedy and Ingrid Dijkers, all of whom I've studied with this year)

I felt so good about the unicorn that I decided to take another stab at the assignment. "Don't-Give-a-Care Bear" is currently on my easel, and should be finished later tonite. I think I'll be able to part with the bear, so if you are interested, shoot me a note.

   


Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......