Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Awe


"Awe," 8" x 12", acrylics on copper, an orangey-coppery tabby kitten portrait that glows far more than the computer can show. This piece, which truly is exquisite in person - the computer simply cannot capture the way the light moving across this changes the value/reflective quality of the exposed copper - is $849, which includes s&h inside the US. All inquiries may come to me.

Ahh, Copper, You Magical Glittery Surface, You.....

I have been researching various copper sources ever since daVinci's last portrait. And today a couple new copper pieces arrived from Hong Kong via ebay, of all places. And all I could do was think about painting on them!

I had a million things to do, including addressing college financial aid details, paying studio bills and 3rd quarter paperwork, baking for school lunches, prepping/packing for next week's workshop in Louisiana, wrapping and shipping 5 paintings, a private drawing lesson, and my favorite task of all, laundry. But I HAD to make time to work with one of the panels and reconnect with the seductive magic that is copper. (And I got all of the above completed, too!)

Hooray for me. And for Awe.

I've got another copper panel left for tomorrow. And a trip to the library (for research purposes), a commission to finish, a magazine cover painting to create, demo pieces to line up for next week's workshop, details to finalize for my gallery demo at AKA Stella Gray (next Friday in New Orleans - who's coming?), a dance boosters meeting and curriculum night at the high school.

My life is most definitely not boring.

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......