|
Ahh, Copper, You Magical Glittery Surface, You.....
I have been researching various copper sources ever since daVinci's last portrait. And today a couple new copper pieces arrived from Hong Kong via ebay, of all places. And all I could do was think about painting on them!
I had a million things to do, including addressing college financial aid details, paying studio bills and 3rd quarter paperwork, baking for school lunches, prepping/packing for next week's workshop in Louisiana, wrapping and shipping 5 paintings, a private drawing lesson, and my favorite task of all, laundry. But I HAD to make time to work with one of the panels and reconnect with the seductive magic that is copper. (And I got all of the above completed, too!)
Hooray for me. And for Awe.
I've got another copper panel left for tomorrow. And a trip to the library (for research purposes), a commission to finish, a magazine cover painting to create, demo pieces to line up for next week's workshop, details to finalize for my gallery demo at AKA Stella Gray (next Friday in New Orleans - who's coming?), a dance boosters meeting and curriculum night at the high school.
My life is most definitely not boring.
Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim
|
Comments
Post a Comment