Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Rush, Day One Workshop Demo


From day one of our workshop, detail of my demo painting, roughly blocked in, with the focal point quadrant fairly well along. This painting stars/was inspired by Rush, a sweet and silly guy owned by my friend and fellow painter Marilyn Sadler (her website is www.MarilynSadler.com, but as of this posting it appears to be down). Marilyn was kind enough to host us for a brief visit to Lexington (KY) this spring, and together with Yvonne Todd, also took us on a grand tour of all things equine and artsy. This piece is 10" square, done in acrylics on a museum quality panel. I plan on finishing it once I return to the studio. All inquiries may come to me.

I Have 17 Victims!!

More commonly known as students. 

They are brave souls, and so far survived day one of my talking nonstop. Lots of drivel about color and harmony and the sorts of painting details that make my heart sing.

This was my demo piece, an exercise in breaking a few rules, demonstrating some magic tricks, and using the inspiration (a somewhat blurry photo of a a wonderful guy) as a beginning point, but inviting artistic license in to take take the reins and make the painting a stronger composition.

And we practiced mixing neutrals, also known as grays-not-mixed-from-black-and-white.

Lord help them. Tomorrow it's all about color.

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......