Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sprout


Another demo from the workshop, "Sprout" was an example of my stepping out of my own comfort zone (greens terrify me). After all, if I'm asking my students to face their fears, I'd better walk the walk too, right? He's 9x12 or maybe 11x14 - it's been a long day and my brain is a little soggy - acrylics on masonite. And Sprout is heading to a new home, a home where veggies are loved as much as little green toddlers. But, nevertheless, please send your inquiries to me, and thank you so much.

The Bar Has Been Raised

I've gotta say that this group of painters has gotten me laughing harder than I have in a long time. And today they made me cry, too, you know those so-happy-I'm-feeling-the-love-too sorta tears? We've got one more day together before we all scatter to the winds. Sigh.

And for those of you worried about my calorie intake, today included homemade fudge (DM you are The Best!), grilled oysters, fried drum fish topped with a crab hollandaise, french bread, cheesecake, brownie and ice cream, and bread pudding.

I haven't gone a day without bread budding since I got here.

Life is good.

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork.
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......