Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, September 10, 2015

I'm Fingerpainting in my Art Journal


Detail of a page from my vintage file folder journal** (an Ingrid Dijkers class) bearing a fingerpainted and fingerprinted vase of flowers (a lesson from Carla Sonheim's Fingerpaint:Fingerprint class currently ongoing).  This is done in acrylics on various preprinted papers, including free form stitching. 

Shortly after I created a fingerpainting exercise for my grownUPs Journal class** (which is next week, if anyone is interested in coming!), one of my favorite teachers Carla Sonheim announced a bite-sized online fingerpainting class of her own. So of course I had to jump on board and see what techniques she advocated.

Today I got to work for a bit on the first lesson - color mixing with my fingers, and "fingerprinting" which involves making marks using one's finger as a gelliplate/monoprint surface.

This is the first of three assigned florals. I've got homework of my own tonite. 

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
All my best, Kim

**If you are new to the idea of art journaling, it's a combination of visual and textual elements combined in a book - the creator decides the balance of each. Art journals come in all sizes, any media is permissible, and the only rule is that there are no rules. You can see some of my journal pages online, and with a little digging, locate an instructor local to you, checkout how-to books from your library, or find an online course that looks appealing).
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......