Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

T-Boy


"T-Boy," 5" x 7", acrylics on museum quality panel, a commissioned portrait of a rescued German Shepherd Dog. T-Boy has a home (both the painted and breathing versions, isn't that wonderful!), thank you so much (FYI, he was rescued on his kill day). and if you would like something similar starring your companion animal, please let me know.

Summer is wrapping up at our home.

Our town ties things up with a festival surrounding the local legend of a dragon who resides in our lake. The weather wasn't the most cooperative, but the company of friends was thoroughly enjoyed.

Choreography week is in full swing at the dance studio - the students are learning their numbers for the next competition season. The Princess danced for 6 hours straight yesterday. Then she came home and cleaned out the fridge.

The Caped Crusader is car shopping - he pledged to have his own wheels by the time school started. I believe there will be a test drive happening tomorrow. Somehow he's convinced The Princess to buy him a tank of gas weekly in exchange for riding with him to school. I think she mandated a regular Starbucks run, too. They are quite the negotiators.

The Man Child is coaching the marching band front ensembles of two area high schools and has registered for (college) classes - he's excited to be getting into the meatier classes of his music program. He also missed teaching when he was on tour this summer - he has enjoyed coming home to his students.

I'll miss having the kids around, but a small part of me does rejoice when quiet days in the studio return. No matter how loudly I play my music in here, it's tough to drown out the TV's surround sound. And I do love the constant flow of their friends and all the laughter our house has been filled with this summer. Bittersweet, as The Caped Crusader is a high school senior, and who knows what next summer has in store for us.

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......